The Weekly Practice Group is a beautifully connected environment where we gather together to learn, share, and practice the wisdom of Nonviolent Communication.
The purpose of this group is to support you to integrate the NVC skills you have learnt at a Foundation Training, and more advanced trainings, into your life and all of your everyday relationships.
This practice is for those who have attended the equivalent of a 2 Day NVC Foundation Training* or beyond, and is a weekly group with highly experienced trainers, and structured support. It is conducted on-line live, over zoom, with a specific topic each week. Each evening is stand alone and not dependent upon you attending previous practice group evenings.
What can you get out of it?
- Connect to the preciousness of your own feelings and needs.
- Learn to balance your own feelings and needs with those of loved ones.
- Build your confidence to express honestly and give empathetically in the real world.
What do we do?
The two-hour session is organised around a weekly theme, such as “Giving Empathy”, “Reducing Stress” or “Boundaries that Support Connection”.
A typical evening has several parts:
- Check-in – share how we’re all feeling as we begin the class.
- Teaching – Sharon offers key insights on the theme based on nearly 20 years of NVC experience.
- Honesty/empathy exercises and role plays in pairs or small groups which develop our understanding of the theme.
- Discuss insights from the exercises with the whole class.
- Check-out – share our most valuable lessons from the evening.
There are 3 packages you can choose from:
- A single practice group $35 inc GST
- 3 Month (12 wk) unlimited pass $195 (value $420) inc GST
- A 12 Month unlimited pass $495 (value $1680) inc GST
Weekly Practice Group Trainers
Our main trainer hosting this regular practice group is Sharon Rallings.
Sharon has been actively involved in NVC for 18 years and has been a mentor in the Communication Group team for over 6 years. She runs Foundation Trainings, practice groups and is a mentor in the 6 month Peer Leadership Program. Sharon lives and uses NVC every day in her personal life and is in her final stages of becoming an NVC Certified Trainer.
We may also have guest trainers in the Practice Group.
As we are doing small group work in breakout rooms, we want the peace of mind that everyone has previously learnt the same base skills that are in an NVC Foundation Training. We therefore request that each person in the Practice Group has attended the equivalent of a 2 Day NVC Foundation Training. As part of joining us in the practice group, you may want to reinvigorate your basic NVC knowledge by
- Reading Marshalls book Nonviolent Communication – A Language of Life.
- Resitting a Foundation Training with Shari or another NVC Trainer
- Watching NVC YouTube’s
- Or attending advanced NVC trainings.
View our FAQs
We look forward to welcoming you!!!
Shari, Sharon and the Communication Group Team.
Note – To support learning, we start each evening promptly at 7pm and doors will be closed at 7.03 pm. No refunds are available.
Dates and Times
February 14, 2023 - May 9, 2023